Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Toddler Style

Halloween this year was pretty fun. David and Don remembered the concept of saying "trick or treat" and getting candy. So that was pretty fun. We went to a little carnival Big Piney had. Definitely less elaborate than when I was a kid....or that magical childhood memory thing just made it seem like it was really fancy. But regardless, the boys enjoyed dressing up for halloween and getting cool little toys. Daniel was a pretty good sport about the whole thing too. I think we was just wondering why he had to get so many pictures taken. I did make him this little pumpkin hat. I thought it turned out pretty cute. Donald really wanted to be Robin hood. So, using the limited materials I had (thanks mom for letting me browse your craft cupboard) I made a little robin hood shirt and hat, and thanks to my wonderful family in Rexburg, they mailed me some little leggings for his robin hood pants (we'll wait until he's older to tell him they came from the girls' section). It turned out pretty well, and Don wore the costume for three days straight.



I'm not sure if the boys understood the concept of "dressing up for halloween" Because David dresses like this everyday. He loves being a cowboy. Well, Cowboy small, from his favorite book of the same name. (it is a great book, and i'd recommend it) This is the same costume David wore last year, so if you look back, you can see how much he's grown in a year.


Here's Daniel with his 'complete' costume. Isn't he such a cutie? and so photogenic. He didn't get that from me. He is now three months old and I'm sure he is super anxious to be able to start moving on his own. Hope y'all had a happy halloween.












2 comments:

Faith 'n Family said...

Daniel Steel. What a Cutie!!
SO PHOTOGENIC! Your boys are getting to be so big. One of these days it would be fun to get your boys and my girls together :)
What are David and Donald's middle names?

Liz Taylor said...

They are so cute! I love the hat!