Sunday, March 20, 2011

All About Me

This post is to show you a few things I've managed to make over the last little while. . .just to show that my boys aren't all I focus on. I truly believe that everybody (especially every mother) needs something to spend some creative energy on. . . otherwise, all we focus on is our kids and family (and that isn't bad) but we get burned out, anyway. Enough soapbox, here are a couple of my projects. I'm quite proud of them, because any "crafty" gene I have is hidden deep and takes a lot of work to get it out in the open.

OK, OK, this first picture was too cute, I had to share it. . .Dave and Don have discovered the joy and freedom of movement they experiece while wearing underwear (as apposed to their cloth diapers) And they've learned the subtle art of "cheesing" it when there is a camera close by.


This project is a height board (turning the head slightly to the left is recommended) I got the inspiration for it at one of Aaron's relatives' house. I knew we'd be moving around a bit for a few years, and wanted to take our height chart with us, so this is what I came up with.
When I was a kids, my mom made us, what I thought, were the coolest/cutest easter baskets ever. I liked them so much, I got my old bunny and managed to duplicate the patterns and make some for my family. They're cute and easier to pack away for the off season than a traditional basket. I like them.

And finally, my living room was pretty bland of any color beside khaki, so I found some material I like (feminine, but not ultra feminine for a house full of boys) I made seven pillows total.


Hope you enjoy this post all about me, and hope your hobbies are coming along great.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I love those pillows! great colors--they'll hide the inevitable stains well. I don't think I've ever seen the easter baskets, but they look cute. And I love the cheese picture. Classic!

Hope all is well. We love and miss you guys.