Friday, December 10, 2010

The other day, I couldn't sleep, because it had been a hard day with the boys, but then this poem popped into my head. Anyway. I just thought I'd share it with you....any critique is welcome.


How many kids do I have?
I say “I don’t have any”
I have a zoo, I say
And animals I have plenty

Sometimes I have a little horse
That likes to run around
Sometimes I have a puppy
That likes to paw the ground

Sometimes I have a monkey
I always laugh while he plays
Sometimes I have a snail
That keeps me waiting all day

Sometimes I have an eagle
That flies high in the sky
Sometimes I have a little piggy
Who eats up all the pie

Sometimes I have a tiger
That growls all day long
Sometimes I have a bird
That sings a pretty song

Sometimes I have a donkey
That seems to always be blue
Sometimes I have a hyena
That laughs at all I do

Sometimes I have a packrat
That collects all kinds of treasure
Sometimes I have a kitten
Whose cuddles are a pleasure

At the end of the day
No animals from the zoo
Just my little boys
And I’ll always love those two

3 comments:

Amanda and Peter said...

love your poem =)

Traci said...

Wow Ruth, I'm impressed! I think your poem is very cute.

Faith 'n Family said...

I totally relate! Great Poem! Thanks for sharing.